It is quite irritating for everyone to notice people staring at their faces as if it is a skin burn. Common guys its just a freaking zit. Pimples can happen anywhere and not only confined to face. Pimple on the eyebrows may not necessarily be pimples or acne per se it can be a red bump. It can happen on the forehead or other parts of your face. The skin surrounding eyebrows are flooded with oil glands and hair follicles. The clogging of this Follicles may lead to the formation of a cyst, blackhead, whitehead, acne, etc. Keep on reading the section below to know different ways to treat the bumps which otherwise can be painful.
Causes And Preventions Of Annoying Eyebrow Bumps
Some of us are quite infatuated when it comes to maintaining our brows. And for doing the same you wax, thread or tweeze your eyebrows. Threading has become a trend nowadays for shaping your brows. Though the after results are good it comes with undesired red bumps. The reason for these bumps is that the skin in and around your brows are quite sensitive having hair follicles and oil glands. The thread removes the hair from its root that causes reddening which then appears as bumps. The formation of bumps under and around your eyebrows may also be contributed by the creams or gels used by the parlor ladies/men during threading. Eyebrow gels have obstructing property that clogs the pores leading to the formation of acne, pimples, blackheads, or whiteheads.
1. Do a patch test of the eyebrow products before applying them to the whole area.
2. Sugaring instead of waxing can help in avoiding the breakouts between your brows.
3. Make sure that the thread used is antibacterial.
4. You may ask your parlor lady/men to sanitize their hands before putting them on your face.
5. While threading ask your parlor lady to stretch your skin because stretching also ensures no skin removal and reduces pain.
6. Avoid frolicking in sun post threading.
Excessive use of beauty products can be responsible for the bumps around and in your brows. The skin around your brows has immense numbers of hair follicles and pores. These follicles and pores might get clogged because of the products and can irritate your brows. Which may result in infections and finally into red bumps. A variety of eyebrow products like gels, creams, etc contains petroleum, silicones, copolymers that contribute as a unit in developing acne in your brows.
1. Avoid rubbing the beauty products in the eyebrow region.
2. The products when kept in warm or humid conditions may develop bacteria. Thus place them in dry and cool places.
3. Avoid keeping makeup on your face for long hours.
4. Cleanse your face thoroughly with water or rose water.
5. Follow the instructions mentioned on the box of the product before applying it.
Dandruff is a chronic condition that can happen to anyone and occurs usually after the oil glands in the skin are clogged to an extent. It is the excessive shedding of dead skin cells from the scalp. If you have dandruff it can be a part of Seborrheic dermatitis. Where you may have involvement of the eyebrow or skin below the eyebrow hair. It causes flaking and scaling of the skin and as a result, you have red bumps on the skin.
1. Regular washing your hairs with antifungal and antidandruff shampoo or cream will help.
2. Applying antibacterial and anti-itch cream will give you better results.
Touching with the contaminated hand is another probable reason for bumps or pimples in your brow area. Most of us have the habit to rub the brow areas without much caring about the dirt that’s in our hands. And with sweat around the eyebrow region provides the bacterial and fungal elements an optimum environment to grow. Thus resulting in pimples or acne.
1. Use wet tissues to clean your face.
2. Avoid rubbing your eyebrows with unwashed hands.
3. If your brow region is itching then use a cotton pad with soft hands to rub it.
The hair that penetrates back into the skin without rising from it is an ingrown hair. It is more likely to occur when the hair follicle is clogged with dead skin. It mostly occurs in areas where the hair is curly and coarse. The ingrown hair loss like a red inflamed pimple.
1. Do not search an ingrown hair.
2. Always use a clean razor.
3. Use adequate lubrication while shaving.
4. Shave in the direction in which the hairs are grown.
Excess Oil Production
Oil produced by our body is very nutritious and plays a vital role in well being of our skin and scalp. But an excess of anything is never good. The oversecretion of oil by the gland resides on the face giving you a shiny and greasy appearance. If not treated oily skin may result in pimples, clogged and enlarged pores, accumulation of dead skin cells, blackheads
1. Increase Ceramides content in your diet.
2. Reduce the intake of canned foods.
How To Avoid Pimples From Coming Back
It is very annoying to see a zit reoccurring time and time again. And sometimes in the same damn place leaving you berserk. At some point, you will tend to prick the pimple. But doing it will only add more to your pain by leaving a mark. Thus avoid any thought of pricking the bumps. And follow the below-given instructions to prevent it from happening in the first place.
1. Avoid excess intake of milk and its product.
2. Avoid pooping hard pimples.
3. Cleanse your face by a gentle cleanser so that it opens clogged pores if any.
4. Choose facial products as per your skin type.
5. Drink a good amount of water as dryness can trigger acne.
As mentioned earlier pimples can occur anywhere on the body. Therefore I have compiled the locations where acne occurs. So that according to the location you can take necessary preventions.
Chin And Jaw
Hormonal changes causes overproduction of oil leading to acne.
1. Reduce the sugar content in your diet.
2. Stick to a hydrocolloid patch.
T-zone is more oiler that rest of the face and when mixed with dirt clogs the pores leading to acne
1. Regular Exfoliation.
The sweat on forehead plus you indroducing bacteria by dabbing your contaminated hands.
1. Use a wet tissue wipes.
Some people break out around thier lips because of the toothpaste or teeth whitening products.
1. Switch your toothpaste.
Bacteria on phone, pillows or wearing makeup for long hours.
1. Cleanse your face with rose water after removing makeup.
Dandruff and clogged pores.
Wash your hairs regularly to reduce dandruff.
Skin fitting clothes are notorious for holding sweat that creates an optimum environment for growth of bacteria ultimately leading to acne.
1. Avoid wearing tight clothes whenever possible.
Home remedies to Avoid the eyebrow bumps
Try to Exfoliate that area at least one time a week to outhouse dead skin cells and the buildup from makeup.
2. Avoid Bleaching
Avoid bleaching at least for 1-hour post threading because it will cause itching and irritation, which then results in red bumps.
3. Apply Ice cubes, Rosewater, Aloe vera
If it is hurting you in eyebrow areas post threading then applying ice cubes, aloe vera or rose water will give relief.
4. Fish Reduces Acne
Fish is a very good source of 3 omega and 6-fatty acids that helps reducing inflammation in the body. Thus adding fish to your diet will reduce the risk of acne.
5. Avoid Skimmed Milk
Skimmed milk has more sugar content than the whole milk that is responsible for problematic skin conditions. Avoid the intake of skim milk as it contributes to the formation of acne.
6. Avoid Dandruff Accumulation
Wash your hair twice or thrice a week and try to keep your hair away from your face so that there are zero chances of dandruff accumulation.
7. Wash Your Face
Wash your face twice or thrice a day or cleanse it with scrubs. This will open the clogged pores eliminating the chances of acne
8. Spot Treatment
For mild pimples, you can use spot treatment by applying creams containing benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid.
9. Calendula Oil
The anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties of Calendula oil proves to be a marvel against troublesome skin conditions. Thus using products containing calendula oil help in reducing acne.
10. Tree Oil
The anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties of tree oil aids in treating inflammatory lesions. Applying diluted tree oil on pimples for a few hours can minimize those.
11. Baking Soda And Toothpaste
Applying a combination of baking soda and toothpaste for 40-45mins on pimples will minimize them.
12. Apple Cider Vinegar
The organic acid found in apple cider vinegar claims to kill the acne-causing bacteria. Applying apple cider vinegar for 20-205mins will eliminate the chances of acne.
13. Green Vegetables.
Any alteration in the functions of your liver is showed up by acne between your eyebrows. To avoid this add green vegetables like asparagus, kale, and broccoli in your diet.
Thus resisting the urge of popping the acne, taking all the necessary precautions will help you cure the annoying pimples. Please give your valuable feedback in the comment section.